Saturday, May 30, 2015
Writer in Residence
North West Literary Salon is looking for a local writer for a 3 month Writer in Residence position.
About Us: NW Literary Salon is a lively evening of words. Each month two published North West writers give dramatic readings of their work. The readings are followed by a discussion chaired by Naomi Kruger and Yvonne Battle-Felton; music performed by a local musician; and locally catered food.
About the Opportunity: We are looking for a writer to blog (twice a month) about the literary salons. The writer will create two 300-350 word blogs per month (one before, one after the salon) for our blog. The blogs will succinctly capture the salons to provide an overview of the upcoming event (before) and a recap of the event (after) for a general audience.
What we offer: Editorial support, deadlines, feedback and £100.00 (£16 per blog).
What you offer: Experience, talent, time. You will attend monthly salons to capture content, write posts and have the ability to accept and implement constructive feedback.
To Apply: Email a brief bio and a 300-350 word sample blog post about an upcoming event or an event you’ve attended.
Questions? Email us to inquire.
Monday, May 4, 2015
Not sure North West Literary Salon is for you? Here are 7 things you should know that just might help you make up your mind.
- Cost: The salon is free and includes readings from 2 published, local writers; free food and free music.
- What to expect: An evening of engaging stories by Jenn Ashworth and Carys Bray, locally catered food, conversation and music by local artist, Rosa Francesca.
- Location: The Community History Room in Lancaster Central Library conveniently located in Market Square.
- Who is it for? The salon is open to all members of the community.
- Do I have to know the authors or have read their work? No. Both writers will give dramatic readings (storytelling). The hosts, Naomi and I, will ask questions and you can too.
- What to wear: Casual dress
- How to get tickets? Order free tickets through Eventbrite or Lancaster University Online Store
Summer of Prose: Creative Nonfiction Summer is in full swing. People are creating memories faster than you can say "cheese"...
Can you bring text to life? We are looking for five actors to bring new writing to life for our Characters in Motion creative writing wo...
Dear Diary, A few months ago, I completed my Creative Writing PhD. During my PhD I researched and applied for jobs. When I graduated,...
Want to see your writing brought to life? Submissions are open for drafts of new writing. We are looking for short stories (up to 1,000 ...