Sunday, September 25, 2011
Points of Interest: Eden's Lounge
I will admit that more than a decade has passed since my days of sneaking into clubs using ID of questionable validity. So, I was surprised when I discovered this past weekend that the days of sensuous, flirtatious moves on the dance floor have been replaced with the need for condoms.
1. Harem-esque décor gives the lounge an aura of the exotic (though the moves on the floor are closer to erotica)
2. Two for one Happy Hour and no cover until 9.
3. Parking lot across the street.
4. Diverse crowd ranging in age, income, and dateability.
5. Dark enough to just have a good time without worrying how fine (or not) the guy you just passed was.
6. Clean, available, and easy to locate bathrooms.
7. While encouraging a certain type of intimacy the crowded dance floor does not encourage lingering conversations.
1. After two drinks those steps become treacherous.
2. While there are many places to sit, under the air conditioner is not one of them: Depending on where you sit, it leaks.
3. Tables located around the dance floor seems like such a good idea, until a mixed drink comes cascading towards you.
North West Literary Arts Volume 1 / Issue 7 The View from my window Last month we shared stories loosely exploring the theme “fir...
Can you bring text to life? We are looking for five actors to bring new writing to life for our Characters in Motion creative writing wo...
Dear Diary, A few months ago, I completed my Creative Writing PhD. During my PhD I researched and applied for jobs. When I graduated,...
Want to see your writing brought to life? Submissions are open for drafts of new writing. We are looking for short stories (up to 1,000 ...