These are the lessons I've learned from them:
2. Reiterate (in writing) the expectations and scope of the project
3. Provide realistic timelines and cost estimates
4. Be clear about payment terms—methods and time frame
5. Project specific contract signed by both parties
6. Check in half-way providing status: progress, hours put in, cost estimate, sample and estimated project conclusion.
7. Ask fellow freelancers for advice
8. Choose projects with discretion: not every project is the project for me.
9. Price based on realistic, inform estimate of time and resources it will take.
10. Be selective: Not every project is the one for me.